Saturday 11 May 2013

So I've started...

So Blogging is one of those activities and social media things I said I would never do...well, what's the point I thought. What do I have to say? Well, I don't know is the answer. But as a developing artist and illustrator, I do want to share with you what I'm doing, what I'm working on, my pictures with you, my interests and maybe a few art and design tips. So...we will see what develops over time. Watch this space as they say! And yes, that's me Angela Cutler, below. Why am I standing in a graveyard?


I was visiting the Kimpton Art Fair in Hertfordshire last week and it's held in the village church, hence the location! Kimpton is a very picturesque village in West Herts with some houses dating back to the 16th century and keeps a strong sense of community. The art fair is held on the 1st bank holiday in May and started as a small fundraiser for the church - it's now in its' 32nd year and about 300 original pieces of art from local amateur and professional artists were exhibited. Being May Day, they also have a village fair, craft show, may pole and all the usual activities you expect on this day. In my next post I'll show you the piece that stood out for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment